top of page

Handy Checklist

Please use this handy checklist to ensure you have all the documents you need to maximize your tax refund.


- All T4 slips

- All other information slips

  (T4A, T4AP, T4RSP, T4RIF)

- Old Age Security and CPP Benefits

- Other pensions and annuities

- Universal Child Care Benefit (RC62)

- Employment Insurance benefits (T4E)

- Interest and dividends slip (T3, T5)

- Social assistance payments (T5007)

- Workers’ compensation benefits (T5007)

- Tuition receipts for qualifying students (T2202A)


- RRSP Contribution slip

- Professional or union dues

- Exam for professional certification.

- Support for a child, spouse, or common-law partner

- Child care expenses

- Moving expenses

- Carrying charges and interest expenses

- Tool expenses

- Transit pass receipts

- Adoption expenses

- Interest paid on student loans

-Medical expenses

- Charitable donations

- Political contributions

- In-home office expenses


Other documents

- Notice of Assessment for your last tax return

- CRA Correspondence

- Rental income and expense records

- Automobile expense

- Disability Tax Credit approval

- Declaration of Conditions of Employment (T2200)

- Volunteer Firefighters certification

- TL2, claims for meals and Lodging Expenses for truck drivers

We encourage clients to print and complete a Drop Off Sheet and attach it to your tax documents.

bottom of page